Activity Type: Youth Exchange
Place: Bankya, Bulgaria
Number of Participants: 48
GEM report 2019/ 20 shows that perceived opportunities in EU and Eastern Partnership countries range between 30% – 60%, but the established business ownership rate is a maximum of 13%. There is a big gap. Partner organizations studied that young people see these opportunities; They have the motivation to build social enterprises, but issues like fear of failure, lack of awareness, and not enough competencies – hold them back.
The objectives were to:
- Raise awareness and the sense of social entrepreneurship among young people.
- Strengthen young people’s sense of initiative in the social field in order to support their communities.
- Equip participants with the necessary competencies needed for putting their initiatives into practice.
- Raise participants’ level of confidence and motivate them to kick-start social enterprises.
- Let participants overcome the fear of failure and improve their positive attitude towards the labor market.
- Foster a transnational exchange of ideas and transmission of competencies and to see the added value of diversity.